Job or Vacancy Description:
The National Book Trust invites application from eligible candidates for the post of Editorial Assistant (Group B) as per the details given below;
Name of the post : Editorial Assistant : Two
Pay Band : Pay Band-2 Rs.9300-34800 + GP 4200/-
Total emoluments : Rs.30,022/- including HRA
Age Limit : 35 years for ST/ 33 years for OBC
Initial Posting : Head Office, New Delhi
Essential Qualification & Experience :
a) A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
b) Proficiency in the specified language
c) Working knowledge of English or Hindi.
d) Three years working experience in editing/translating/proof reading.
Desirable : Master’s degree in language concerned.
Job Requirement : To look after editing/translating/proof reading work.
Fee : Demand Draft for Rs.100/- (no fee for SC/ST/PWD category) in favour of Director, National Book Trust, India payable at New Delhi.
How to Apply :
i) Application format can be downloaded from the website.
ii) The application with relevant documents duly completed in all respects, along with a Demand Draft should reach the Joint Director (Admn. & Finance),National Book Trust, India,Nehru Bhawan, 5,Institutional Area, Phase-II,Vasant Kunj,New Delhi – 110 070
iii) Applicants must superscribe the envelope with “Application for the post of ______________________”.
1) Application form and details regarding qualifications are available The application form for the post can be downloaded from NBT website.
2) Experience should have been obtained after possessing the essential/qualifying educational qualification. Experience should be in the relevant field.
3) Candidates should be computer savvy and familiarity with relevant software packages, have good communication skills.
4) Mere fulfilling the qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be necessarily considered or called for the interview.
5) The NBT reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy as advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
6) Candidates serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings are required to send their applications through proper channel.
7) Applications which do not meet the qualifications given in this advertisement and/or incomplete applications will be liable to be summarily rejected.
Candidates should possess the essential qualifications as on the closing date of application.
9) The Trust may hold a screening test to shortlist the candidates and no railway fare will be given for attending written test.
10) Single II class rail fare to and fro Delhi by the shortest route as per rules shall be reimbursed to the outstation candidates who are called for the interview.
11) Age will be determined on the last date of receipt of applications.
12) Upper age limit is relaxable to Ex-Servicemen as per Govt. of India instructions.
13) No interim correspondence will be entertained with the candidates who are not screened in for test/personal interview/appointment. A list of screened candidates will be posted at NBT website for the notice of candidates.
14) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
15) NBT, India strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
16) Applicants must superscribe the envelope with “Application for the post of_____________________________________________”.
17) The application duly completed in all respects should reach the Joint Director (Admn. &Finance), National Book Trust, India, Nehru Bhawan, 5, Institutional Area, Phase-II, VasantKunj, New Delhi – 110 070 within 30 days for from the date of publication of this advertisement along with a Demand Draft for Rs.100/- (no fee for SC/ST/PWD category) in favour of Director, National Book Trust, India payable at New Delhi.
Tentative Last Date :21-01-2013
About the organization:
Established in 1957, the National Book Trust, India, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is a highly professional multilingual publishing house working towards the promotion of books and developing reading habit among the masses.Publishing forms a major activity of the Trust. It publishes a wide variety of reasonably priced quality books ranging from works of fiction to books on Medical Sciences and cutting edge technology for all segments of the society and for all age groups, including a wide variety of illustrated books for children. Over the years, the Trust’s determined efforts in developing a strong and inclusive policy towards publishing is also apparent in the variety of books published for visually handicapped and the neo-literates.The Trust publishes books in 18 major Indian languages, which includes Asamiya, Bangla, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Malayalam, Manipuri, Maithili, Marathi, Nepali, Odiya, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. In addition to this, the Trust has also published books in Bhojpuri, Himachali, Kokborok, Khasi, Garo, Lepcha, Bhutia, Mising Limboo, Mizo, Newari, Bodo, among others.During the period under review 2314 titles were published by the Trust.
National Book Trust India
Nehru Bhawan, 5,
Institutional Area, Phase-II,
New Delhi – 110 070